One thing’s for sure, after watching the season three finale of Battlestar Galactica, I’m never going to listen to “All Along The Watchtower” the same way ever again. I don’t really feel like posting a lengthy episode analysis, so I’ll just list some observations: (SPOILER WARNING-If you haven’t seen the season three finale yet, read no further.)
- Jamie Bamber (Lee Adama) deserves some kind of award for his performance tonight. His impassioned speech on the witness stand during Baltar’s trial was a scene for the ages. “We’re not a civilization anymore, we’re a GANG!” Incredible.
- Looks like I was wrong with my “final five cylons” predictions. Or was I? Nothing was revealed in any concrete way. Anders, Tigh, Tory, and Chief Tyrol are possibly just being screwed with by the Cylons. I was 100% sure going in that Lee was a Cylon but now I have no idea what to think.
- Baltar may have been better off executed than acquitted. It’ll be open season on him next year if he’s seen in the Galactica’s hallways. That’s not looking likely though, after being taken in by those women who wanted to show him “his new life”. It should be interesting to see how that plotline develops. I hope they stay away from the whole “Intergalactic Jesus” thing.
- Starbuck’s back! And she’s been to Earth! Or is Lee just crazy? Remember, lots of characters on this show see and talk to people who aren’t really there. Hmmmm….
- Earth! We saw Earth! January 2008 and those final 22 episodes can’t come fast enough.
- When I look back and reflect on this season as a whole, it’s a bit uneven. The first five or six episodes on New Caprica with the resistance stuff and the subsequent rescue was absolutely incredible, but it was followed up by a stretch of mostly filler episodes until the “Starbuck flies into a stormcloud” show and this superb two-part finale. Still, a uneven season of BSG is far better than 95% of the festering piles of shit that clog the airwaves. I’m talkin’ to you, According to Jim.